(Katsina, Gombe, Osun, Taraba and Kano States)
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE
Malaria remains a major cause of illness and death in the African Region. In Nigeria, it is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality accounting for about 30% of childhood deaths and 11% of maternal deaths.
Bi-Monthly Facility Stock Report (BFSR) is a tool used in reporting the two months situation of the consumption pattern of malaria health products at a service delivery point.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) branch of National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) in collaboration with the Catholic Relief Services (CRS), a Principal Recipient on theGlobal fund Malaria grant to jointly implement the improvement of key performance indicator and quality of data and report from Health facilities in a bid to ensuring reliable availability of malaria health products across 13 States in Nigeria.
NMEP will be supported by States Logistics Management Coordinating Unit (LMCU) alongside the State Supply Chain Management Specialist in the States across 13 Global Fund-supported States to improve the quality of bimonthly facility stock reports (BFSR) generated from the health facilities.
The outcome of the BFSR analysis will be used for tracking trends in HFs consumption, stock positions, identifying errors in the report, identifying overstocks, and redistributing products. This is will be used as a criterion to guide targeted and structured capacity building at the health facilities with the goal of improving the quality of reports and ultimately the quality of care for malaria.
Position: Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of work:
Schedule of Deliverables and Reporting
• Attend introductory meeting with key staff of the health facilities led by the LGA personnel.
• Retrieval of documents needed for Review including OPD registers, Inventory Control Card (ICC), and Bi- monthly facility stock report (BFSR). These documents will cover year 2021 and 2022 reporting periods. Data extraction from these tools for this review period will include a review of transaction records on the inventory control card (ICC) for completeness.
• Component of the Bi-monthly Facility Stock Report (BFSR) 2021 and 2022 will be reviewed and verified the total malaria commodities utilized and reported within the period.
• The BFSR report will be verified with Primary source document from Health facilities and recorded in other to ascertain any discrepancies between the values: the differences will be computed, described, and discussed for each health facility.
• To the extent possible, the root causes for any identified differences between the BFSR values computed during this exercise will be described and investigated.
• Action plans will be developed to address the identified root causes.
• The health facility staff will be debriefed on the key findings from the visit to provide feedback to the health facility, LGA, and state teams.
• Analyze the submitted triangulation data with the LMCU team.
• To develop a comprehensive technical report detailing the findings of the triangulation in conjunction with MSH and other partners.
Summarized below are specific tasks and deliverables to be carried out by the Ad-hoc BFSR Data Entry Clerk
• Entry of Data, Review and Reconciliation of BFSR from Source document.
• Comparison of analysis on hard and soft copy BFSR to ascertain completeness, correctness and improvement.
• Report generation from Health facility review conducted.
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE